[Zope-CMF] How to perform OnePage's outstanding parsing features in CMF?

Ausum augusto@artlover.com
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 04:12:24 -0500

Please take a look at the following link (it's worth the effort, if you're
using IE):

http://page.onepage.com/servlet/FWSharePageServlet?command=share_in&pageType
=Sharepage&shid=711555230827&rid=1&za

It's a page I've setup within few minutes, using Onepage's demo portal. One
of the most impressive things about it, is that you can build portlets
easily from standard web pages, bypassing the need of any XML/others webfeed
(if you don't mind styles), by means of its outstanding parsing technology.
After my first good impression,  I realized that a tool like this - wich
enable final users to create/personalize personal portals this easy- has a
great selling point compared to its competitors.

I'm curious about how to perform a feature like that (extract and repurpose
external standard html content, dynamically generated or not), using
Zope-CMF. Would you please share ideas on this subject? Do you find this to
be as important as it may seem? How would you emulate and excel this feature
within CMF?

Ausum