[Zope-CMF] installing CMF under Windows

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 21:46:30 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

we are very happy if you give your posts a clear subject...

jean-jacques falcy writes:
 > can anybody tell me how i can install the CMF on a windows system (win nt
 > 4.0)? whatever i try, i don't see the product loaded in the "Control
 > Panel/Products".
The installation instruction are a bit difficult to understand
unless you have read about "INSTANCE_HOME" on Zope.org.

Products usually live in "<zoperoot>\lib\python\Products".
If you copy your "CMFCore", "CMFDefault" and friends
there and restart Zope, then you should see the new
addable objects....

There is an Zope advanced feature (INSTANCE_HOME) that
allows you to separate the standard Zope installation
from site specific data and customization (e.g.
site specific products).
In this case (only), you would copy to "$INSTANCE_HOME\Products"
where "$INSTANCE_HOME" means the folder identified by the
content of the "INSTANCE_HOME" variable.
Read more on Zope.org, if you need this feature...

Dieter