[Zope-CMF] CMF DIscussions...?

Traveling Uncle Nat nat@harari.org
Sun, 26 Aug 2001 02:10:27 -0400

Hi. :)

Okay, maybe it's completely beyond me because I must be an idiot newbie or
something (and I am, I know...) but I *did* read the FAQ, I did read the
instructions on Dogbowl, and I did read the help files *in* CMF, so please
don't tell me RTFM, because I did do that. :) Going to the list was sorta a
last resort, because I'm trying to figure this stuff out on my own.
Anyway...I went to Squishdot and saw that it is now incorporated into CMF,
and since I want to run a test Squishdot site, I installed Zope 2.4.0,
installed CMF 1.1 all on my computer as a test model. Now I'm trying to make
topics for discussions, and I don't see for the life of me how to create a
discussion list. I see the tool portal_discussion in the root CMF Site
folder, but I just have no idea how to use it. I tried creating objects and
looking for a place where I can add "Discussion" or "Reply" as a string or
check-box or some such thing...but have failed so far.

So, can somebody please...*please* tell me the answer to this riddle? I'm
dying to know. :) And is it really squishdot or is it a sort of squishdot
reconfigured to run with CMF? In either case, I'd love to know how to use it
and, possibly, where I can read about customizing fields to add more fields
that people can upload pictures et al in a discussion, and have signature
files, etc...

Thank you very much and I hope nobody gets too pissed at my questions. :)

Newbie Nat

P.S. Yes, I've posted to this list once before, but that was when I was just
starting out. I had to stop for a while due to the fact that I moved RL, but
am definitely still in the need to learn Zope asap. It's a great tool and so
is CMF. Thanks for any help, in advance. :)

Nat.

..
Nathaniel Harari
..
nat@harari.org
http://somethingwonderful.com/
ICQ#: 45777666
..
Our revels now are ended. These our actors,
As I foretold you, were all spirits and
Are melted into air, into thin air:
And, like the baseless fabric of this vision,
The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces,
The solemn temples, the great globe itself,
Ye all which it inherit, shall dissolve
And, like this insubstantial pageant faded,
Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff
As dreams are made on, and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep.