[Zope-CMF] Re: Re-working Breadcrumbs

Andrew Sawyers andrew@zope.com
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 11:11:41 -0400

We talk about this sometimes here at ZC as well.  I'm drawn to both sides, I
like clean, clear code, but my problem has been that if we pull all the
logic out into scripts, there is a level of 'disorderliness' (for lack of a
better term) which follows; there is a diminishing point of return trying to
follow code when what makes up a single page is actually found in a zpt
template, a couple objects which fill slots on the template, and a dozen
various python scripts scattered about those pages which make up the various
logic required for a page rendering.
I don't know what the solution is, but I'm sure it's not the blanket
approach or stripping as much logic as possible out into python scripts.  I
see our skins growing and growing to unmanageable levels possibly.
Andrew