Re[2]: [Zope-CMF] I18n

Alexander Chelnokov Alexander Chelnokov <alex@orto.unets.ru>
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 13:57:27 +0500

Hello Tres,

Tuesday, December 18, 2001, 12:04:39 AM, you wrote:

TS> the mailing list archives would turn up several bits of interest,

As i realize the current approach for CMF i18n is to copy skin methods
to Custom folder, then manualy edit them. Am i right?

So at the moment i play with customization. Some things can be
replaced easily, for some it's hard to localize what the initial
dtml-document is. Some code i failed to find, particularly the action
list. Where "Reconfigure portal" can be found?

Maybe it is worth to adopt more practiacl approach for localization?
Gettext/pygettext? I like very much the approach used in OIO
(www.txoutcome.org) - it is gettext-like (though uses Postgres tables
to store language data). Especially a feature of translation on the fly
- is a role is Manager, all screen text objects display with *, and
when it clicked, a window for input of translated text appears. The
langage data can be experted/imported as XML.

TS> however:  perhaps I hear a volunteer?

The current state as i realize is covered by the common customization
description.

--
Best regards,
 Alexander N. Chelnokov