[Zope-PTK] How is list of "mystuff" documents collected??

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Mon, 05 Feb 2001 20:42:49 -0500

robert at rocad wrote:

> Hi there,
> I wonder how the elements in "My Stuff" are collected.
> I would like to create have a black board where everybody can send his/her
> documents.

"My Stuff" is a link to the logged-in member's "member folder";
by default, members get such a folder as their workspace.

You can achieve a "blackboard" a couple of ways:

 * Give the members "Access contents information" and the appropriate
   "Add ..." permissions in a "Blackboard" folder;  put a link to that
   folder in your site menu;  they can then make all their content there,
   instead of in their home folders, by navigating to that folder, selecting
   the "Folder contents" action, and adding via "New".

 * Have members continue to create content in their "My Stuff" folders, but
   tag it with metadata (the "Subject" is a good one, as it is supposed to
   be keywords).  Then build a catalog query which searches for (published)
   items which have that keyword.  A ZTopic/PTKTopic is a drop-in version of
   such a query.