[Zope-PTK] Error Importing DemoPortal.zexp

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 08:03:03 -0500

Ot Ratsaphong wrote:

> I have just downloaded and installed the latest Zope PTK on a fresh install
> of Zope 2.3.0 on a Win 98 machine.
>
> The PTK installed fine but I am having trouble importing the DemoPortal. Can
> anyone tell me what I need to install?
>
> I got the following error:
>
> Error Type: ImportError
> Error Value: No module named PythonMethod.PythonMethod

Thanks for trying out the PTK (now known as "Content Management
Framework", or "CMF"), and for reporting this problem.

First, we did some work to remove the dependency on PythonMethod
from DemoPortal, but I'm afraid we didn't get it all.  You can
install the PythomMethod product, available at Evan Simpson's
Zope.org page:
  http://www.zope.org/Members/4am/PythonMethod/PythonMethod-0.1.7-nonbin.tgz
to work around this problem.

Second, we are deprecating DemoPortal, and would much prefer that
you do all new development using the portal instances created by
the "Portal (New)" factory.  I expect to remove DemoPortal.zexp
from CVS sometime after we ship a 1.0 version of PTK^H^H^HCMF.