[Zope-PTK] Seeking advice on mail server setup

Itai Tavor itai@optusnet.com.au
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 10:26:09 +1100

Hi,

I'm planning a community portal for a small club (40-50 members).
Long term plans are PTK (CMF?), Squishdot (Swishdot?), and a mail
(mail?) interface inside the portal.

As a first step I'd like to set up mail accounts for all the members.
I thought about simply creating Linux accounts for everyone, but I
think it would be best to avoid doing that, both for security and
ease of management reasons. So I'm looking for a way to set up these
accounts, and for a mail server to set them up on, that will support
my long term feature requirements. BTW, this will be set up on a
RedHat Linux system.

These requirements are:

- Read and compose mail inside the portal
- POP access from outside the portal
- Create/edit/delete mail server accounts from inside the portal
- Sync mail server POP passwords to portal member passwords
- Place restrictions on outgoing mail by message size, target address, etc.
- Filter incoming mail

Any suggestions?

TIA, Itai
Itai Tavor                      -- "Je sautille, donc je suis."    --
itai@optusnet.com.au            --               - Kermit the Frog --
-- 'Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?' --
-- 'Supposing it didn't,' said Pooh after careful thought.         --