[Zope-PTK] Portal content edit and view forms should be skinnable

Sigve Tjora sigve@tjora.no
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 22:54:46 +0100 (CET)

> Sigve Tjora wrote:
> > Anyway, is it an idea to move these dtml-methods from /PTKDemo/dtml to
> > /PTKDemo/skins/generic or perhaps make a new folder like
> > /PTKDemo/skins/portalContentDialogs or something like that.
> > This will make customisation of the hole site much easier.

Shane:
> That's the plan alright!  There is one minor problem left to solve,
> however: the names and URL's of the actions (like view and edit) should
> be customizable as well.  You seem to be familiar with the new design;
> how would you solve it?  Maybe you'll get a good idea.

Well, I have just made a tool that I called noLangTool.py that has several
functions to convert action names from english to norwegian. I pass it the
actions from dtml, and get converted actionsnames back. This is not
an ideal solution, but it works ok. The problem is, it is only customizable
from python, and for each new action you come up with, I have to edit this
file...

By the way, I have to convert every little piece of text that comes from
the internals of the CMS, like all feedback messages, preview-states and
so on. In the end, I have a huge file with a lot of hardcoded mappings
from english to norwegian that is hard to keep up to date. So please
consider to make all text that the user is supposed to see customizable.

mvh Sigve