[Zope-PTK] Adding other types of news items

Scott Meilicke meilicke@speakeasy.org
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 16:41:47 -0800 (PST)

Hello all,

I'd like to add a news item type that will only contain specific types of news,
publishable by specific people.  In my case, I want to publish markting info,
and present the option to add 'Market News' when the user clicks on 'New' within
my stuff.

via the manage interface, I went into portal_types, and copied the News Item
to a Market Item. I then went to the properties of the Market Item and
modified the meta type = Market Item instead of News Item.  However, when I add
a Market Item, then look at the portal_catalog, it shows meta type still is
equal to News Item, and of course the News Box picks it up.

Any thoughts?

I'm using a PTK from cvs, 02/12/2001 on NT4.

Thanks - Scott

Gravity.  It's not just a good idea.  It's the law.