[Zope-PTK] Newbie Problems with anonymous access

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 08:25:02 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, Burrows, Richard wrote:

> Tres
>
> I am in a bit of a mess with this
>
> I am running Zope 2.3.0 (but when I wrote I was running 2.2)
> should I go back?  We are running it on NT, does PTK run on NT?

> Using the previous install instructions  used the Zope Manager
> interface to add the portal, this was successful, just no
> anonymous access.  This is no longer available, I get the
> products listed in the control panel but I do not get the
> option to create a new portal. I am sure that I had to register
> the newly created products in some way last time.
>
> Any Ideas?

It took me a while to find an NT box, but I was able to create a
portal instance on an NT 2.3.0 Zope, and then browse it happily
as anonymous.  As for "registering" products, it used to be
required to import the DemoPortal and Wizard producst into the
'Control_Panel/Products' folder.  Both these products are now
deprecated;  you should be able to create a 'Portal (new)'
instance if the 'PTKBase' and 'PTKDemo' products are both visible
and non-broken in 'Control_Panel/Products'.

Let me know what things look like, and go ahead and CC the list,
in case somebody else might have a better clue what is blocking
you.