[Zope-PTK] what happened to the wizards?

Jeffrey P Shell jeffrey@Digicool.com
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 10:17:24 -0500

On 2/15/01 10:09 AM, "Jens Vagelpohl" <jens@digicool.com> wrote:

> lucas,
>
> the wizards (and with it the need to import monolithic .zexp files) are
> thankfully gone. what you see in your portal (and the dogbowl) is the new
> system at work.
>
> i think the reasoning behind dropping people into the metadata screen
> instead of the content edit screen is because the more metadata you provide
> the easier it will be to search for your content item.

I do think that we should investigate doing something that a lot of Zope
objects do in the ZMI - On the metadata screen, have a "Change and edit"
button that updates the metadata and then goes to the edit content screen
with a message that the metadata's been updated.

Jeffrey P Shell, jeffrey@Digicool.com
http://www.digicool.com/ | http://www.zope.org