[Zope-PTK] Tabular object workflows

Kent Polk kent@goathill.org
17 Feb 2001 17:46:43 GMT

Sorry if there wa a problem here, but I read this through Ty's
mail/news gateway and since I didn't receive a response I was
thinking that either it got lost or I didn't frame my questions
well enough for someone to know what I was talking about.

Do you have any more thoughts on how to intend to implement drop-in
workflows yet? I mention this because I have several workflow
objects ready to start moving to zope and wanted to be compatible
with where the CMS is headed.

One thing I am thinking about implementing that might be generally
useful to us and possibly to someone else would be to workflow a
tabular object, such as a spreadsheet.  This tabular object could
use the current workflow concepts for now.  As mentioned below,
I'll probably store the table data in sql, but it would be nice to
fit it in a Results object stored in the zodb (see my comments on
Tabula-like behavior in another message).

Thanks