[Zope-PTK] PTK For Windows

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Sat, 17 Feb 2001 22:02:30 -0500

Dave wrote:

> I'm sure there are many Anti-Gates on the mailing list, but I'm actually
> running Zope on Windows. I've checked the PTK downloads and found that
> they're all TAR files for Unix/Linux.
>
> It may be a stupid question, but is there a PTK package for Windows? And
> if so, where can I find it??

Dave,

I have Zope 2.3 and the latest CVS checkout of PTK (retrieved
using WinCVS, see http://www.wincvs.org) running happily on
an NT box.

As Shane notes, the same archiving tools you are used to for
Windows (WinZip, et aliae) will handle "tar.gz" archives without
difficulty.  The CMF has no platform-specific binaries, so
unpacking the archive into your Products directory is all the
installation required.