[Zope-PTK] Re: PTK install

Jens Vagelpohl jens@digicool.com
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 22:42:43 -0500

the latest incarnation of the CMF will only run on 2.3.1b1 and higher (and
on 2.3.0 final with a one line patch). we made a deliberate decision to
require the latest zope at this point where the CMF is still in alpha stage,
rather than forcing people to change after CMF 1.0 is out.

installing and compiling zope from source is not hard at all. try
downloading the source package from zope.org at...

http://www.zope.org/Products/Zope/2.3.1b1/Zope-2.3.x-to-2.3.1b1-src.tgz

and read the installation instructions in the "docs" subdirectory after
un[zip|tar]ring it.

jens

on 2/19/01 22:12, Sir Psycho at sirpsycho@mindless.com wrote:

> Ok, I upgraded to 2.2.4 (The newest available in a debian package) and I am
> still having problems. PTKBase installs fine but PTKDemo gives me this:
>
> PTKDemo Import Traceback
> Traceback (innermost last):
>  File "/usr/lib/zope/lib/python/OFS/Application.py", line 397, in
> import_products
>    product=__import__(pname, global_dict, global_dict, silly)
>  File "/usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products/PTKDemo/__init__.py", line 91, in ?
>    import Document, Link, NewsItem, File, Image, Favorite
>  File "/usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products/PTKDemo/Document.py", line 93, in ?
>    from AccessControl import ClassSecurityInfo
> ImportError: cannot import name ClassSecurityInfo
>
> I tried getting the newest out of CVS again (noticed those old folders are
> gone
> now) and got the same thing.
>
> This is the only product that I have tried to install so it should not be
> conflicting
> with anything else on the system.
>
> any further thoughts?
> TIA
>
> At 01:38 AM 2/17/01 -0500, Tres Seaver wrote:
>> On Sat, 17 Feb 2001, Sir Psycho wrote:
>>
>>> I tried to install the PTK following your instructions (for CVS).
>>> I got the CVS downloaded fine.
>>> had the following directories:
>>> PTKBase
>>> PTKDemo