[Zope-PTK] CMF discussion/comments system

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Sun, 25 Feb 2001 21:32:38 -0500

"James H. Thompson" wrote:

> How robust is the CMF discussion/comments system?
> We have one site with about 100,000 messages in one of its
> fourms.  Can the CMF disucssion/comment system handle a discusison
> this large?

You have 100K messages related to a single "root document"?  Or are
there 1000 "root documents" in your forum, each averaging 100
messages?

The "stock" discussion interface is not going to scale appropriately
to the first case;  it would probably do fine for the second.
The notion here is that you would likely replace the
'portal_discussions' tool with one which scaled better to your
site's needs;  all the rest of the tools, and the content objects,
would "just work" as long as your new tool implemented the
'portal_discussions' interface properly.