[Zope-PTK] Re: broken link on cmf site

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 13:45:13 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, Sebastian Luehnsdorf wrote:

> cheers from snowy berlin!
>
> i wanted to notify you, that the link to the 2.3.0 security patch is
> apparently misconfigured. when i click it, i get a login request, which is
> not satisfied with my cmf account data...

OK, Jeffrey has gotten that file to be in "published" state, so
you should be able to download it now.

> i also have some questions concerning the approach in the future
> development of the cmf/ptk software:
>
> 1. are some pages, i.e. the index_html of the portal, intentionally
>    stored within the python code basis? at least i didn't find a
>    template for this page within the filesystem

All DTML should be in the "skins" directory of PTKDemo.  The
'index_html' is in PTKDemo/skins/generic.  The skins for the
content objects themselves have just recently moved there, as
well.

The reason for this choice is to allow portal owners to override
the DTML for a specific site without having to change the
software.

> 2. why are there products, i.e. the link (or url?) tool, without a
>    management interface? is this intended or just a result of lack of
>    time?

The content objects don't (at the moment) implement the
interfaces expected by the ZMI;  they expose all their properties
via the "portalish" interface.  We are working on cleanup of such
discrepancies, and hope to have them nicely scrubbed for the 1.0
release.