[Zope-PTK] Workflow architecture proposal

Jeffrey P Shell jeffrey@Digicool.com
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 12:02:19 -0500

On 2/28/01 11:06 AM, "Juan David Ib=E1=F1ez Palomar" <palomar@sg.uji.es> wrote:

>=20
> I haven't read the details but it looks nice. My main concern
> is it to be a CMF component. I'd like to install only the workflow
> component (no the whole CMF) and use it with any Zope object.
>=20
> The ZopeDirections document talks about a new component architecture
> and the CMF moving to that architecture (and I'm really happy to hear
> that), though I guess it won't happen soon; but couldn't the workflow
> tool be a independent python product since the beginning?

There's a lot of new architecture in the CMF that is not present in the cor=
of Zope, so I don't think you'll see this in the near future.  However, the
design principals of the CMF are examples of where Zope will be heading in
the future (the Services-based architecture (implemented as Tools in the
CMF) for example).

CMF Content objects are better designed now to let outside objects service
them than most normal Zope objects are now.  Some of this is due to the
built in nature of the metadata that the CMF enforces, making it easier to
catalog and locate Content.

Jeffrey P Shell, jeffrey@Digicool.com
http://www.digicool.com/ | http://www.zope.org