[Zope-PTK] A subclass from PortalMember of Membership Product and ObjectManager won't list contained objects

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 06:52:06 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 2 Jan 2001, Dirksen wrote:

> Hi Tres,
>
> My problem is with Membership product, not PTK. Any clue of that?

Oops, sorry;  the symptom looked just like a recent PTK one.  I'm
afraid I haven't looked at the Membership product recently, so I
don't know what to suggest.  One guess would be to re-order the
base classes;  maybe the Membership.PortalMember class
has/inherits "do-nothing-because-we-can't-contain-anything"
versions of 'objectIds'/'objectValues'/'objectItems'?  Putting
ObjectManager first in the list would resolve that (but might
have other side effects).

> --- Tres Seaver <tseaver@digicool.com> wrote:
> > Dirksen wrote:
> >
> > > My site is installed with the Membership system. I want to
> > > store some photos in each member. So I create a new member
> > > ZClass, subclassing PortalMember and ObjectManager, and set
> > > the 'manage_main' as the main view. Under the instance of
> > > this new member ZClass, I can add images, but I can't find
> > > them!  'objectItems' always return None. Yet the image file
> > > is there.  I can edit their properties as in
> > > '/test/acl_users/jay/photo1/manage_main', but
> > > '/test/acl_users/jay/manage_main' just won't show a thing!
> >
> > I'm guessing you have installed the latest tarball of the
> > PTK, and not the CVS version;  that tarball shipped with a
> > bug in PortalFolder, which prevented classes which had not
> > registered as "portal content" from showing up in its
> > objectItems()/objectValues/objectIds() lists.
> >
> > Please try upgrading to the latest CVS and see if the problem
> > persists (http://www.zope.org/Products/PTK/ has directions
> > for getting the CVS version).  Alternately, here is the patch
> > for PTKBase/PortalFolder.py:

Hope that gives you something to go on.  I'm CC'ing Bill
Anderson, who is the maintainer of the Membership product, in
case he has further ideas.