[Zope-PTK] Status update

Michael McLay mclay@nist.gov
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 10:39:28 -0500

On Friday 26 January 2001 15:20, Shane Hathaway wrote:

> I'm excited about the prospects for the workflow enhancements, how about
> you folks?  I did a Google search for "introduction to workflow" and
> found a good JDJ article.  Do you guys have any pointers to other
> articles that describe all the elements of workflow without assuming a
> specific architecture?  (I find that most workflow descriptions are
> based on assumptions that are inaccurate or not useful in Zope
> architecture.)
>
> Other things to think about are squishdot-like discussions, Dublin Core
> solidification, and support for the Membership product.

The OMG is working on a standard interface definition for workflows.
The RFP, "UML Extensions for Workflow Process Definition RFP", is available
at http://www.omg.org/cgi-bin/doc?bom/2000-12-11
The interesting stuff starts with the statement of problem in section 6.0.
Section 6.4 includes references to http://www.wfmc.org/ which is the Workflow
Management Coalition.