[Zope-PTK] Status update

Michael Bernstein webmaven@lvcm.com
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 18:33:23 -0800

Michael Bernstein wrote:

> Shane Hathaway wrote:
> >
> > I asked if there is anyone out there who could create a new icon for
> > portals but got no responses.  So I guess that's a unanimous "it's good
> > enough".
>
> Shane, I was intending to create some icons for the list to
> evaluate this weekend. i'll post to the list when I have
> some ready.

Ok, here are two ideas that I had:

1) http://www.michaelbernstein.com/images/portal-1.gif
   This image is based on the notion that the word 'portal'
is actually a corruption of the word 'porthole' (the window
in the side of a ship). So I drew a porthole. It turns out
that 'portal' and 'porthole' are unrelated words.

2) http://www.michaelbernstein.com/images/portal-2.gif
   This image was drawn in an attempt to represent the
science-fiction concept of a portal, which is a gateway to
some other non-congruent location or dimension. The squiggly
bits are supposed to be lightning.

Both of these images are 16x16 and 32 colors.

If anyone else has ideas but lacks the artistic skill, I'd
be happy to attempt to create more icons.

Cheers,

Michael Bernstein.