[Zope-CMF] sort of OT- Nice Javascript

Jon Edwards jon@pcgs.freeserve.co.uk
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 11:25:54 +0100

Thanks Phil!

I think your point is very valid Seb!

My thinking is that javascript-goodies should fit in with the "CMF
Philosophy" of directly-replaceable tools (or whatever the proper tech term
is for that!). i.e in the same way that a new workflow-tool can be slotted
in to directly replace default-workflow, a javascript-goody can be slotted
in to replace an existing edit-form.

For example, if we put together a set of UI scripts for editing/creating
stylesheets, they should have a facility to save the result as
default_stylesheet if desired?

That way, people putting together a CMF-based system can pick-and-choose
editing tools, in the same way they can pick-and-choose portal-tools.

I'm not sure I explained that very well, is that the same point you were
making Seb? :-)

Cheers, Jon