[Zope-CMF] Weird error when adding a Blark in portal

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 21:00:48 +0200 (CEST)

=?iso-8859-1?q?Gitte=20Wange?= writes:
 > I have tried to add a Blark weblog in the 'My Stuff' folder in my
 > portal. When I have hitted the add button on of these login prompts
 > show up. I try to login again - but all I get is an error. The error
 > is:
 >
 > Unauthorized
 >
 > You are not authorized to access owner_info.
 >
 > What is owner_info `???
 > And where do I allow members to have access to this ?
"owner_info" is a method of "AccessControl.Owned.Owned",
protected by "View management screens".

Your options:

  *  give your member the "View management screens" permission
     (probably not what you want)

  *  use a proxie role for the function that adds the "Blark"

As I expect, you tried this (and failed) while you
have been loged in as Manager, there is probably
a different reason for the "Unauthorized" exception:
you call methods on objects without acquisition context.
This is quite easy in constructors, as objects are not
yet wrapped in their context at this early stage.

Dieter