[Zope-CMF] ZMI inconsistencies for CMFDefault Objects

jccooper@rice.edu jccooper@rice.edu
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 14:34:05 -0500 (CDT)

I don't know if there's any rhyme or reason to what tabs appear in the ZMI for
CMFDefault objects. As I understand it, all of them have Edit, Metadata
(Dublin Core), and Properties available, but the different object types have a
strange mix of available tabs.

I noticed this when wanting to set discussions on a per-document basis:
strangely enough, Documents have no Properties tab.

Here's my rundown (with pre tags for html viewers):

<pre>
Type         Metadata   Edit  Properties
Document         y        y        .
Image            .        y        y
File             .        y        y
Link             y        .        .
Favorite         y        .        .
News Item        y        y        .
SkinFolder      (.)      (y)       y
</pre>

Note that a dot means "n" (but makes the thing easier to read.)

I know they all have metadata and edit screens, since I can see them in the
CMF management screens. And I'm pretty sure they should all have properties
too. And I think that all the CMFDefault objects should have all these types
of ZMI tabs.

So, if there's a good reason let me know, and I shall forbear dealing with
this in public. Otherwise, I'll be posting a patch as soon as I figure it out
(unless someone tells me not to because it's drop-dead easy for them).

          --jcc
   (the spanish acquisition)
--
"It is concluded. Banquo, thy soul's flight,
if it find Heaven, must find it out tonight."