[Zope-CMF] How to translate CMF, first summary

Joachim Werner joe@iuveno-net.de
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 15:35:27 +0200

> > We even put the ZBabel translation engine into the var tag. The only
> problem
> > with that was that virtually everything was translated, sometimes a
couple

Joachim, do you have any performance information about a site using a
'babelized' var tag on a heavily loaded website?

We've run the "brute-force" version (all var tags are translated) only a
couple of minutes, until recursion became to bad. But the plain ZBabel
(using its own tags) with the new non-SQL backend is rather fast. Of course
translation adds additional overhead. That's why we don't want to switch it
on by default. But if you want fully dynamic sites that deliver the language
the user wants on the fly, there is no other choice. For heavy-load sites
with less frequent content changes, pre-rendered pages or heavy caching
would be the choice ...

No benchmarks yet, sorry.