[Zope-CMF] Where is the file_edit

Sedat Yilmazer sedat@kibele.com
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 21:23:46 +0300

From: seb@lenin.jamkit.com [mailto:seb@lenin.jamkit.com]On Behalf Of seb
bacon
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2001 9:14 PM
To: Sedat Yilmazer
Cc: zope-cmf@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope-CMF] Where is the file_edit

* Sedat Yilmazer <sedat@kibele.com> [010703 18:20]:
> =20
>  I have created a Windows client to upload office docs to a CMF =
folder. But I am not happy with the implementation and would like to =
switch to xmprpc ( OK I want to plat with it a little bit)
> =20
>  Now, I can create the f'ile by calling the invokeFactory,  Set the =
metadata via setXxxxx methods but I could not find anything like =
'file_edit' anywhere inn the zope installation. Where is it? how it is =
get called?

If you look in CMFDefault/File.py, you'll see a method called 'edit',
which should tell you all you need to know...

> Note: Does anybody have a sample on creating a doc. in CMF portal?

What do you mean, creating a doc?  There's lots of examples of
creating files etc in the CMFDefault skins.

hth

seb