[Zope-CMF] Suggestion - Modular Documentation

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 10:35:33 +0100

* Chris Withers <chrisw@nipltd.com> [010705 09:12]:
> seb bacon wrote:
> >
> > ( use StructuredTextNG, not HTML ... )
>
> StructedText, why? I gotta agree with Jon, why come up with another form of
> markup language when you have to translate it from there into another one
> anyway?!

Well, there's not much in it, but here's my reasoning:

1) You can read stx straight from the filesystem as plain text , which
   is nice for developers
2) You don't have to translate it - it happens for you :-P
3) There's supposedly the promise of being able to output it as ps,
   pdf, etc.
4) We'd have to come up with a standard for which tags to use if we
   went with html, whereas stx enforces a decision for you.

seb