[Zope-CMF] Re: Our CMF-CMS Demo

Adrian Madrid aem@byu.edu
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 12:30:45 -0700 (PDT)

--- Jeff Kowalczyk <jtk@adelphia.net> wrote:
> As long as the discussion is on portal *designs*,
> I'd like to point out
> the .NET portal demo provided at
> http://ibuyspy.com/portal .

Thanks for the pointer. It's a great example. I don't
usually go around praising M$ but their portal example
is clean, easy to understand and shares tons of
knowledge wealth for everyone with eyes to see and
ears to hear... ;-)

> Using tables and with no workflow yet, it has
> nothing on Zope-CMF as a
> framework, but the content items have a very slick
> TTW creation and page
> layout mechanism.

I think there nothing to stop us from getting
something even better working with the CMF. I too like
their approach to editing 'on the spot'. I believe
it's very user friendly and intuitive (am I being
redundant again?).

> For the Businesspeople I've shown
> it to, this makes
> the Portal concept click instantly. The people we'll
> all be developing
> and deploying portals for want this. I think we'd do
> well to pick up
> those features for the default CMF implementation.

I think we should not only copy their aproach on
building user friendly, cleanly designed sites but
have a CMF demo running with a fictional company
running. Let's have people joining and see how easy
and pretty (did I say pretty?) the CMF can be with
real world stuff and pictures.

> Unfortunately, the admin interface is the one part
> you *can't* use at
> the online demo without a login. However, you can
> read about it with
> illustrations in the "About the Portal" page, and
> it's easy enough to
> install on any Win2K box.
>
> Their store demo is pretty cool, too.
> http://www.ibuyspy.com/store/

Dido. Wouldn't a intranet/extranet/store package be
just wonderful? I think I know what I'm going to be
doing for the rest of the summer...

=====
Adrian Esteban Madrid
Benson Institute, Webmaster