[Zope-CMF] MetaType in TypeInformation objects

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 09:23:42 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 11 Jul 2001, seb bacon wrote:

> * Tres Seaver <tseaver@palladion.com> [010711 12:47]:
> > The metatype is there for times when we need to know the true metatype
> >
> > (e.g., when building lists for the "Find" tab of the catalog;  when
> > filtering 'objectValues', etc.)
>
> Ok, so would it be bad to set the meta_type to the type name rather
> than expose both in the UI?

Nope, because they aren't always the same.  Suppose I want to
create a new content type, "Press Release", which is actually
a CMFDefault.Document under the covers, but which has different
actions / skins / workflow / metdata policies, etc.  In this case,
the metatype would still be "Document", but the ID of the type
object would be "Press Release".