[Zope-CMF] Help please

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 14:11:32 +0100

* Eric Criens <Eric.Criens@bece.nl> [010712 12:56]:
> Excuse my ignorance but I'm just beginning. Have Zope 2.3.3 installed
> locally on my laptop NT and asked my IT dept. to install CMF and CMF Demo.
> They told me it was for Linux but I couldn't find anything about this in the
> documentation. Am I nuts or is my IT dept.?

They're nuts.  All of the CMF is python and therefore as platform
neutral as Zope.

> Also is there any place were I can find sample web sites tht show how to use
> Zope as a admin pages like RedDot Content Mangement System so that I can
> learn from examples....

Not really.  Look in the archives for CMS discussions.  The CMF is
more document-centered than template-centered.  There are a number of
proposals / vague ideas to remedy this but none are likely to surface
immediately.  I've never look at them but there are some Zope products
which purport to do this kind of thing, Projektor and MetaPublisher.

The canonical example of CMF usage comes with the CMF; it's the
CMFDefault site.  You'll find a little documentation at cmf.zope.org,
but for the rest you should search the list archives etc.

seb