[Zope-CMF] Member Groups for the CMF

Norman Khine norman@khine.net
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 13:10:03 +0100

Hello,
I would like to extend the cmf, so as to enable for a group of Members to
work on one specific Document, and would like some advice on how to set this
up.

The site basically is for a architectural design competition, that we carry
out each year, and I am hoping to be able to make this fully cmf'd so that:

1. Member joins the site, he then is presented of entering the competition.
I will create a new document_type eg competition where I will have nth
number of details, such as Title of Scheme, Category ( Currently there are
4, main categories ) and Design Statement.

I don't think that's much of a problem, my difficulty is in the fact that
there will be a number of members working on one particular scheme, all from
different backgrounds -- ie architects, landscape architects, stonemasons,
artists etc etc...

The outcome off all this colaboration should be a number of design pages
added individually by the members of the group, that will give other members
of the portal a detailed look of the proposed scheme -- these other members
are not part of this project.

Perhaps a sort of wiki page?!, on the cmf.

Main obsticle is how to define the groups -- I was thinking perhaps to let
the person who registered for the competion to become the group leader and
giving them the facility to add other members to this group, BUT if those
members are already members of portal, I can't see a way of how to do this.
ie a way to invite other members to the group, and allocating them write
privilages to the project?!?

I hope I am explaining this clearly, all suggestions will be much
appreciated.

Thanks

Norman