[Zope-CMF] Entering "Subjects" (are those Topics?)

Timothy Wilson wilson@visi.com
Sat, 14 Jul 2001 21:47:44 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 13 Jul 2001, seb bacon wrote:

> * Timothy Wilson <wilson@visi.com> [010713 06:00]:
> > I've created a Topic object in the root of my CMF and put a sub-topic within
> > that. It would appear that the options listed in the "Subject" box when
> > adding content correspond to the various Topics. Is that correct? If so,
> > what do I have to do to start making item appear in the Subject selection
> > box?
>
> No, the 'subject' items on the metadata edit form can either be one or
> more freeform keywords, or you can predefine them using the
> portal_metadata tool.  Depending on the strategy you want to follow,
> you might want to edit the source of the metadata_edit_form (you'll
> see some comments there regarding this).

I just found Tres's How-To on configuring the metadata tool. I think this
will get me
going. (http://cmf.zope.org/Members/tseaver/how_tos/configuring_metadata_tool)

This brings me back to my point about the need for some way of finding
content via browsing. The How-To's on Zope.org are an invaluable source of
documentation and they could be similarly important for the CMF. The CMF
site needs to categorize this content and present a page listing all the
How-To's that have been published. (Like Zope.org does.) (I realize there's
no pre-defined "How-To" content type on the CMF site.)

Presumably a lot of visitors don't try to find things by searching
alone. Not to mention the fact that search engines are largely useless to
persons (newbies) who don't know what they're searching for yet.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      |   Visit Sibley online:   | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS |  http://www.isd197.org   | http://www.zope.org