[Zope-CMF] 'Retracted' and 'Rejected' resource status

Ausum augusto@artlover.com
Sun, 15 Jul 2001 04:34:04 -0500

When a contributor submit a new resource to publish, it's pretty clear
for the reviewer that he has pending resources to review. But what
happens when any of those are rejected? In the current CMF release that
resource resumes its private condition, but the contributor doesn't know
it until he finds out, by not seeing the document published, or by
opening it again. In  both cases, the contributor has to look after the
document.

At the reviewer's side, when a resource has been retracted by the owner,
the reviewer doesn't know it just the same way, at least until the owner
submits it again. Considering that the reviewer had previously
authorized its publication, it might be of his business to get to know
whether the documents are still published or not.

This is where the "retracted" and "rejected" resource status are needed.
The reviewers should need to see, in adition to those who appear as
"pending", at least which are and how many documents are retracted, and
in my opinion, also which are and how many he has rejected, therefore
having the option to revaluate his previous decision. The contributors
at their turn ought to see their rejected material without looking after
them, as they might need to resubmit them the sooner the rejection
occurs; and also the retracted ones, because it could be possible that
he needs to resubmit the document and forget to do it, in the absence of
any status message warning their existence.

IMHO this is a framework-related request, because they're missing status
of existing actions. I swear I tried to dive into the code but guess I
must learn more about CMF's core and Python as well. Derived status like
"unpublish blocked", "asked for unpublish" or "pending resubmit",  seem
to be manageable trough skins or regular dtml stuff, if I'm not wrong.

What does the list think about this?

Ausum