[Zope-CMF] Workflow Bug

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 12:02:13 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 16 Jul 2001, seb bacon wrote:

> Hey DC folks,
>
> Sorry to bug you about this bug (again), but is it on anyone's Bug
> Radar?
>
>   http://www.zope.org/Products/PTK/Tracker/337
>
> I need to deliver a big site next week based on the CMF and the
> indexing isn't working.  If I'm going to have to sort it myself,
> that's fine, but I need to know so I can restock on the caffeine if
> necessary ;-)

Can you fix this by abandoning the notion that content objects
are not responsible for their own catalog updates?  I don't like
moving that responsibility into the workflow, as there are many
possibile updates which might require re-cataloguing, not all of
which are related to workflow.

The essence of my notion is that any method which changes catalogable
attributes should call 'reindexObject', rather than relying on some
underlying magic to get it called.