[Zope-CMF] portal_catalog acquisition problem

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 13:16:11 +0100

I'm having a day of wierdness today...

I'm trying to get my content to reindex itself, and it's failing.
I've traced the problem to getToolByName, which is returning None.  In
particular, it's the aq_get(myobj, 'portal_catalog', default, 1) which
is failing.

The reason this is wierd, is because getToolByName(self,
'portal_anything_else') returns the tool.  It's only the catalog tool
which not getting acquired.  Even stranger is the fact that I can do
things like self.aq_inner.aq_parent.aq_parent.portal_catalog
successfully, in the code, from the debugger.

I had a quick look at the code for Acquisition but as I'm not much of
a C hacker I had no idea how I'd debug it to work out what's going
on.

Any ideas?

seb