[Zope-CMF] New Portal Type

Karim Yaici karimy@nipltd.com
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 10:10:53 +0100

Hi there,
I remember I had the same problem when trying to create a Factory-based
content type based on the Document type. Though I have changed the 'meta
type' to 'My Document' (in the portal_types form), it is still recording it
as Document.
> I have setup a new portal type as per various documentation, now the
problem
> I am getting is when I try to add a portal topic with MyNews as my
> meta_type, the topic does not pick it up?

Maybe you can search for the items by 'Type' rather than  by 'Meta Type'. I
don't know what are the drawbacks of this methd, though.

Cheers,

Karim