[Zope-CMF] CMF - not in your face?

Frank McGeough fm@synchrologic.com
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 09:05:29 -0400

How much of CMF can be hidden? All of it?

Most sites are divided up into the large number of people who use the site
by browsing/searching; and the (relatively) small number of people who
actually contribute content. Why is CMF setup so that all the CMF stuff is
visible to every user? How would you go about hiding CMF from those large
number of people. That is, no indication for the casual user of the web site
that CMF is being used at all? If I had a URL that a contributor would have
to go to login and then alter the actions_box DTML method would that do it?

The key is the actions_box stuff and I'm having trouble figuring out how to
manipulate the code in there since it's doing mystery stuff like :

<dtml-in user_actions mapping>
</dtml-in>

hey! where's the for loop :-) If I could figure out more about DTML I might
be able to at least understand why I can or can't do what I want. Is it
correct that the zope creators are moving away from this DTML syntax and
toward Python (which I can read). Thanks for any clues for the clueless.