[Zope-CMF] Re: [Zope-dev] ZEO-strangeness.

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 15:33:43 +0100

* Erik Enge <erik@thingamy.net> [010723 14:53]:
> [seb bacon]
>
> | Filesystem Directory Views seem to be particularly brittle w.r.t
> | this.
>
> Is this logged as a bug somewhere?

No, although several people have mentioned it.  I've not logged it as
a bug, because I've not got round to making a reproduceable test case
yet.  So I could be wildly wrong.

> | I had exactly the same symptoms as you when hosting something in
> | win32 which used to be on Linux, and solved them by converting all
> | the line breaks.
>
> What do you mean by line breaks?  I don't think I have any broken
> lines (with \n for example, if that's what you mean).

I mean: on Windows, a line break is signified by "\r\n"; on Unix, by
"\n"; and on Macs by "\r".  ("\r" is carriage return).

seb