[Zope-CMF] Using CMF without portal like features

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 08:14:39 -0400

Lynn Walton wrote:

> Thanks for the reply Tres.

>>I said: If they can't log in, how do you plan to allow them access?
>>You could move the login link up into the 'standard_top_bar', for
>>instance.
>>
>>You said:> I want users who have been given access
>>
>>>using the usual ZMI user folders to be able to create CMF Documents in
>>>our various subdirectories under the zope site root.
>>>

> Can't they login to the ZMI rather than the portal to create CMF content?

Not fully:  the ZMI isn't wired up to the skins, for instance, which
means that many of the interactions needed to complete the content
authoring process (e.g., interacting with workflow, etc.) wouldn't
be available.  The ZMI machinery won't set the 'portal_type' attribute,
either, which will break lots of the other mechanisms.

Perhaps you need to build a default skin for anonymous viewers which
has no actions box;  your content authors could log in through a well-known
URL, without needing a "login" link on the page perhaps?