[Zope-CMF] Re: Chicken and the Egg -- WAS -- Using CMF without portal like features

Sedat Yilmazer sedat@kibele.com
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 15:52:07 +0300

 Could the DC open up the design Documentation ( or the design doc is =
the CMF itself). I hope there are some docs for CMF such as Toplevel =
Design Deocumentation or better a detailed design documentation. Are =
these to specific to DC (huups I mean ZC)=20

 Sedat

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-cmf-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-cmf-admin@zope.org]On Behalf
Of Dario Lopez-K=E4sten
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2001 10:23 AM
To: zope-cmf@zope.org
Cc: eurozope
Subject: Re: [Zope-CMF] Re: Chicken and the Egg -- WAS -- Using CMF
without portal like features

Count me/us in into Amr's and Lynn's crowd as well. We'd love to use the
MCF, especially after Chris Wither's walkthrough of Swishdot at the =
Eurozope
conference in Berin. What he does is to simply use the CMF as general
components/modules to build upon, and not only to be used for portal =
design.

This is doc thing of the CMF is actually history repeating itself. Think
Zope about 1-1.5 yeas ago...

As lynn said, it is **very** hard to write docs about something you =
don't
understand. At the moment it is very hard for a newcomer looking at the =
CMF
for the first time to do any of the things mentioned in the "CMF Fact
Sheet"... **groan, groan**

We'll probably have to abandon CMF for the time being until we =
understand it
a bit more. If I can find the time write som docs for internal use, I'll =
be
happy to make the available for general use, but this will probably not
happen until the end of year (we have a **very** tight schedule for the =
next
6 months, and I need time to grok the CMF...)

/dario

Dario Lopez-K=E4sten     Systems Developer  Chalmers Univ. of Technology
dario@ita.chalmers.se  ICQ will yield no hits    IT Systems & Services