[Zope-CMF] embed Zope applications in CMF

Norman Khine khine@btinternet.com
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 23:41:02 +0100

Mark,
The way I installed additional applications to the CMF was to put all the
folders within the portal_skins/custom folder. You must ensure that the url
links within your application match that of the portal or put
"&dtml-portal_url;/folder"

an easy example is to put the SQLPoll product within your customs folder,
stick the database on the root of the portal, or anywhere above your skins
folder and you will have an external product running within your CMF.

i think a lot of the misunderstanding about the cmf is that it is not that
difficult to customise and add additional functionality to it, as some may
have thought. the main thing the cmf provides you with is a frame work with
core requirements to get you up and running without having to do a lot. But
should you want to extend it then the same principles apply as to when one
writes an application in pure zope, security included.

hth

regards

norman