[Zope-CMF] what happened to Document???

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Thu, 31 May 2001 20:50:48 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 31 May 2001, marc lindahl wrote:

> Hey, that was it!!  I wonder why the behaviour changed?  Some new fancy
> caching going on somewhere?

Believe it or not, that particular caching has been there for a long time
now.  It has always bothered me but I didn't know why, and now I know why.
:-)  This specific case could be corrected, though.

This happened because Document now has a __call__() method.  It didn't
before.

> So what would I use for the if?  Something ugly like "_.hasattr('bio')" ?

I would try <dtml-if expr="_.getitem('bio', 0)">.  Ugly but it works.
ZPT, which is coming along very well, is designed from the start to
provide clean alternatives to expressions like that.

Shane