[Zope-CMF] Q: how to forbid users to join?

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 16:11:51 +0100

> how do I disable the whole "join" functionality of CMF?
> I want only these users be able to log in that I have in my LDAPLoginAdapter
> folder.

Replace the CMFDefault/MembershipTool.py with one of your own, or edit
it so that the addMember method is protected with a Manager-only
permission.  I've put a request in the tracker for an 'Add Member'
permission for CMFDefault, with patches, at:

  http://www.zope.org/Products/PTK/Tracker/287

Then edit CMFCore/ActionsTool.py so it doesn't display
the 'Join' link to the anonymous user.

seb