[Zope-CMF] Re: portal_metadata NameError (actual CVS version)

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 16:20:36 +0100

* Tres Seaver <tseaver@palladion.com> [010601 15:22]:

<snipped portal_metadata hints>

> Go ahead and add the 'portal_metadata' tool to your site;  it
> shouldn't cause anything to break, as the default policies for
> everything are completely permissive.

hmm, I just got a fresh CMF and got the same thing; but the
portal_metadata tool is added already by default, so it's all a bit
confusing.

/me has a quick fiddle

Well, I think it's a permissions problem, because if you try to access
any other tool like this:

  http://localhost:8080/foo/portal_registration

It defaults to index_html.  But if you try

  http://localhost:8080/foo/portal_metadata

It throws an Unauthorized.  But I haven't got time to look closer
right now (it's getting late on a Friday...;)

seb