[Zope-CMF] Breadcrumbs

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Sun, 03 Jun 2001 22:56:07 -0400

Chris Withers wrote:

> Well, having mentioned I found navigation difficult, here's a bit of a
> solution in the form of easily includable breadcrumbs :-)
> They look just likes the ones below the tabs in the right-hand pane of the
> management interface.
>
> Either put the attached script in a skins directory on disk or add it as a
> normal PythonScript in one of your custom skins folders.
>
> Then, whenever you want an object's breadcrumbs, just do:
>
> <dtml-var breadcrumbs>
>
> ...I've used it in the folder_contents method of my refactored CMFDefault
> skins, but there's no reason not to use it in standard_html_header and have
> it appear on all your portal contents pages.

> cheers,
>
> Chris
>
> PS: I'm quite chuffed with the folder view in my refactored CMFDefault,
> hopefully I'll get the rest of the 'generic' layer done soon so I can mail
> out a .zip :-)

Chris,

This is excellent! I folded it into a site I've been making "on the side"
for a church group; it looks wonderful. I did trim out the "portal_title"
bit, as it didn't feel as though it was adding value. Any reason I shouldn't
fold it into CMFDefault/skins/generic?

Looking forward to seeing the rest of your stuff!