[Zope-CMF] image inclusion in structured text - issue

marc lindahl marc@bowery.com
Mon, 04 Jun 2001 13:06:02 -0400

> From: Tres Seaver <tseaver@palladion.com>
>
>> for any object -- image, file, etc, shouldn't it generate the absolute_url?
>

> It isn't trying to be that smart.  If you want a site-absolute value,
> you can
> prefix the bit you embed in the tag with '/'.  Other URLs (with colons) are
> slightly buggy.  For instance, this works for me:

Sure, but that means you have to manually put the absolute url in, means you
have to know what it is, know something about HTML, you're basically putting
HTML in STX...

It seems that when STX is rendered as HTML, it should do 'the good things'
to references... meaning, spit back absolute url's for everything, for the
benefit of caches everywhere.... probably among other good things like
html-quoting, so on.