[Zope-CMF] CMF & SearchabaleText

Karim Yaici karimy@nipltd.com
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 11:09:29 +0100

Hi,
I was trying to play with CMF 1.1Beta and followed some tutorials and used
Calendar example product. Quite cool!
Now, if I want to use a search on all instances of my newly created product,
I'll have to use the ZCatalog, but the only thing that is 'usable' is
SearchableText. However, it is a Text Index, which means that if I search
for 'foo' then 'foo bar', 'foo 2'....will get returned.

So, my question is whether to change SearchableText to Field Index (this
sounds bad ;-) ) or add another one, but will the latter solution interfere
with other Portal types?

Any suggestation  on how to search for Portal content (apart from Topics)
are welcome.

Thank you

Karim
PS: could you CC your replies to me as I am not a member of this mailing
list. Thanks.