[Zope-CMF] List of subject/metadata sets? - Composite Docs

Jon Edwards jon@pcgs.freeserve.co.uk
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 13:42:42 +0100

That's true, but I'm thinking of it more from a workflow/versioning
perspective.

If you had a fourth state, it gives you more options when defining your
workflow. For example, you could say that documents that had been "approved"
could still be edited by Editors, but not by their owner anymore. (Trying
hard to think of a better example!) Once they have been "published" in a
composite doc, they could only be edited by creating a new version, leaving
the original intact.

Different applications would have different rules, but having that fourth
state (if you're using composite docs) gives you flexibility to define
exactly the workflow rules you need?

I guess somewhere in the composite docs scheme, there's going to be a "list"
of which components are published in which composite docs (or a way of
querying the catalog to find that info). So I guess you could do a look-up
to see if a particular component has been used anywhere, as and when you
need to. But this might be less efficient?

Cheers, Jon