[Zope-CMF] Editing and caching conflicts

Jon Edwards jon@pcgs.freeserve.co.uk
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 11:37:12 +0100

I've had a lot of problems, when I'm editing documents TTW, with caching. I
edit a document, view it, edit again, view it, then realise my second edit
was actually on the original doc, before my first edit! grrrrr! I end up
pressing Ctrl+F5 three or four times every time I'm viewing or editing,
which obviously slows the process down a lot, and is likely to completely
confuse inexperienced editors.

I suspect a lot of it is due to my ISP (Freeserve), but there are probably
other caches involved in various places as well! Has anyone else come across
this problem? Any ideas on how to make sure that view pages are cached as
usual, but edit pages are NEVER cached?

Cheers, Jon