[Zope-CMF] Dogbowl Q

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 11:33:38 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, Jeff wrote:

> "Chris Withers" <chrisw@nipltd.com> wrote
>
> > Anyone know why I can't edit my index_html in the dogbowl?

> Try submitting it, then retracting it.  BTW: I just hit the
> dogbowl, it is not happy.  I got the following error on both
> pages I hit: An exception occurred in a DTML method or
> document.
>
> Error type: Disconnected
> Error value: This action is temporarily unavailable.<p>

We have had a number of issues on the dogbowl:

 - Jeff is right:  the workflow prevents non-privileged members from
   editing published content.  If you can retract the content, you
   should be able to edit and resubmit it.  Making this end of the
   workflow less awkward is high on our list of priorities.

 - We have had a number of ZEO-related snafus this week.  The core
   team and the PythonLabs guys know about the underlying problem;
   we expect to clear it up when we move the dogbowl to Zope 2.4.

 - The "checkPermissions" problem (members couldn't see actions which
   were visible to Anonymous) has been dogging me all week.  I have
   checked in a fairly comprehensive fix for it, and have synched the
   dogbowl to pick up the fix.  We would very much appreciate hearing
   of any remaing "Anonymous vs member" discrepancies.